Learn English while exploring Los Angeles!
More details here!
Applying from Abroad
There are 4 steps in order to apply and come to Language Systems International:
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Step 3
- Step 4
Getting your F-1 visa is fairly easy. The first step is to apply to Language Systems. After your application is completed, we will mail you the necessary documents to apply for the visa at the US embassy or consulate in your country. So let's look at the fastest and easiest way to apply to LSI. Just follow these 3 steps:
Please send the following to us by mail, fax, or e-mail to receive an I-20.
- Credit Card: You can use VISA or MasterCard. After you apply online, you will see an online payment page. You can fill in your credit card information and pay. You can also fill out the credit card payment form and send it to us by mail, fax or email.
- Bank Wire Transfer: You can wire the payment from your bank to our bank account. A $35 bank charge is added if you wire the payment, so please add $35 to the total. Please contact us to get our bank account information.
After getting your I-20 and I-901 from us, you need to schedule an appointment with the US embassy (or consulate) in your country to apply for the F-1 visa. Applying for the F-1 visa requires an "in-person" interview. The basic steps are the same around the world, but the exact method of applying varies. For the exact method of applying please consult the website of the US embassy in your country. A list of US embassy websites is available here. Below is a basic summary of the steps:
- Contact the embassy (or consulate) and schedule an appointment using your I-20 number. You will need to pay for this appointment (amounts and methods vary, check the embassy website for details).
- Complete the embassy application form(s) available on the website of the embassy.
- Take your I-20, I-901, bank statements, passport, and DS form(s) to the embassy (or consulate) on the date of your appointment.
The US government gives priority to F-1 visa applications, and usually the waiting time for appointments and the time it takes to be approved are very short, often only a few days. You can check the times here.
After you receive your F-1 visa you may enter the United States up to 30 days before the starting date on your I-20. Please show the following in order to enter the United States:
- Passport with F-1 visa
- SEVIS fee receipt
Please report to Language Systems International with the items listed below before or on your starting date. You will join the new student orientation on Monday.
- Passport with F-1 visa
- I-20 (stamped by immigration when you enter the United States)
- Your address in the United States
- Money for tuition balance and textbooks
- 9:30 a.m.
- Program introduction
- School policies
- Placement test
You may prefer to have your application handled by a travel or educational agent in your country. In that case, please contact us and we will be happy to provide you with a list of our partner agencies in your country
You may also find more information on the visa application process at the US government website, or through other websites which we have listed on our useful links page.
LSI is more affordable than other schools. It has many good teachers. We can talk a lot with teachers and we have lots of events and activities. There are good textbooks and the front desk staff is very nice. We have a good manager and program coordinator. Torrance has good weather and is a safe area. The school is in a nice building. It’s a good location.
SangHoon Park 04/27/2011 (Korea)